Thank you - your form has been submitted. If you have questions, please contact us at 800-421-2588 and select option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Ultima Bank Minnesota pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $30 per presentment each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, when your account has been overdrawn for 10 consecutive days, we will charge an additional $30. We will charge the fee after the 10th consecutive day.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Ultima Bank Minnesota to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call (800) 421-2588 or complete and submit the form below.