Ultima Bank Minnesota has taken extensive measures to ensure our clients can access their account information securely. We have systems and strategies in place to manage the risk of doing business over the web. These include:
- Firewall with Intrusion Detection- Hardware and software used to prevent unauthorized internet users from getting access to our internal networks which are monitored 24 hours a day.
- Access IDs & Passwords- allows a way for us to selectively allow customers and employees into our system. If an Access ID and Password is tried three times unsuccessfully, the online access privileges will be denied until manually reset by UBM Online Banking Personnel.
- MultiFactor Authentication- Provides for an added layer of security when logging in to Online Banking. We will ask a security question if you login from a device that we do not know or from an unknown location before you provide us with your password.
- Tokens- Our ExecuBanc customers utilize one-time password tokens to gain access to their account information, ACH and Remote Deposit systems.
- Statement Delivery- For customers who choose to receive their statements electronically, your statement will be delivered to your online banking. You will receive an email notice once a new statement has been made available for viewing.
- Encryption- All transactions are protected using 256 bit SSL technology. Our certificates can be viewed in Online Banking by clicking on the lock at the top of the page, or by clicking the GeoTrust image on our homepage.
- Audit/Access- we monitor customer and employee activity on all of our systems.
To protect yourself:
- Never give out your Access ID and Password to anyone or write it down and identify as your online banking credentials.
- Stay away from obvious passwords or ones that are easily guessed, such as your name, address or favorite sports team. Create a strong password for all access.
- Activate CardValet to help protect your debit card. Get alerted when card transactions occur and easily "turn off" your card if you suspect a compromise.
- If you ever feel that your Access ID or Password as been compromised, contact us immediately at 800-421-2588 and press 2.